Click Here to Continue With Registration
1. COMMUNICATION with The Nanny Academy is within the hours of 8.00 am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday and 10.00am to 4.00pm on Saturdays. Text messages and emails will get prompt replies. For Sundays, please text or email only.
2. OFF PERIOD and LEAVE: All live-in and live-out Nannies are required to have at least one weekend off in a month to let off steam. The equivalent of twhjjj&.o weeks of leave per annum is a required benefit for any Nanny who works beyond one year for a particular family. Live-out Nannies work Mondays to Fridays full-time and Saturdays half-day. Sunday work is negotiable with individual Nannies.
3. SECONDMENT: We also require our Clients to disclose to us from the beginning if they are going to second the Nannies they hire from us to a third party such as mother in-law, sister in-law or such. In such a case, we require in detail the particulars of the third party and would want evidence that they also understand terms of employment.
4. BACKGROUND CHECK: This is an obligation of The Academy to the Client. The Nanny Academy is responsible for conducting background checks namely: Medicals (HIV 1 & 2; Tuberculosis,Hepatitis B and C,Widal and pregnancy test; Address Verification and Previous employment Check on the candidates we present for interviews. The Academy subsequently presents Employers with applicants’ ‘KNOW YOUR NANNY’ information after a selection has been made. The given guarantor for the Employee (Nanny) guarantees for any misdemeanor or misconduct of the Nanny on the job. For each candidate, we provide one guarantor and two references only though we are in possession of more than one guarantor as a second recourse.
5. CONTRACT: It is compulsory that a Nanny hired from The Nanny Academy be issued a contract or employment letter upon resumption detailing the following: Job title, Job description, Salary, Benefits and Resumption time. We have developed a standard template which we give to our clients free of charge. This can be personalized to suit various agreements reached for families x, y and z. Please ensure the contracts are mutually understood between you and your staff, signed by both of you and a copy sent to The Nanny Academy via email.
6. REPLACEMENT POLICY: Please allow for a window period of up to fifteen working days for a suitable replacement. It could be faster though (we've done it in two days repeatedly). However it is the responsibility of a family to inform the Academy of a decision to discontinue with a Nanny / Housekeeper via written communication (email). We also expect maximum co-operation on replacement efforts from families as we try to give personalized service to each and every one. As soon as a Nanny gives the statutory two weeks’ notice intending to stop work, the family is expected to inform the agency and work together to provide a convenient temporary transition plan. In the event that a selected Nanny who has been reserved fails to resume work / take up an offer previously accepted due to unforeseen circumstances, it is expected that the Nanny Academy be given the opportunity to provide another immediate replacement.
7. INSURANCE COVER Health insurance cover for the caregivers and theft insurance covers for household items are available at affordable premiums. If you decide not to subscribe to the health insurance for the caregivers, as it is optional, you are expected to contribute to your their healthcare by assisting with prescribed medications only (first aid). You will be expected to foot medical bills only if any accident is incurred while in employment.
8. ABUSE: We implore/advice our Clients to report any form of dissatisfaction to the office for quick resolution instead of resorting to verbal or physical abuse.
9. RESERVATION POLICY: A Nanny/ Housekeeper/ Governess will only be reserved for you after you have made payment of management fee. This means that a Nanny you selected may be given out to another family in need of help as long as you have not shown commitment to your intention of hiring the Nanny by paying management fee.
10. ON THE JOB TRAINING: Our approach to keeping Nannies motivated is providing them with refresher training at least twice a year to update their knowledge base, and unwind. Please send in your Nanny for retraining at least one Saturday every six months.
11. FREEDOM OF WORSHIP It is important that Nannies / Housekeepers in your employ be allowed freedom to worship on obligatory days as per their religion. Please discuss this upfront.
12. FEEDING: Please note that Live-in and live-out Nannies are entitled to at least two adequate meals a day.
13. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Nanny Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate especially in terms of tribe, class and clan. We encourage our clients to embrace this culture in hiring nannies and housekeepers.
14. TRAVEL: The Employer agrees to inform the agency at any time if they wish to travel overseas with the Nanny in their employ. This is for security and protocol reasons.
15. SALARY INCREMENT: The Employer agrees to review and adjust the Employee’s wages at least once in eighteen months to ensure they meet or exceed the prevailing wage rate.
16. NOTICE OF TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT: The Employer / Employee is expected to give written notice before terminating the employment or quitting the job as the case maybe.This notice shall be given at least two weeks in advance.The employer can terminate employment without notice if their safety is threatened and the employee can also do same.
17. *SPONSORSHIP: is the sum total of 10% of the annual gross salary of the caregivers. This fee guarantees the employment and background checks conducted on the caregivers and free one year replacement(s). Our policy on management fee is replacement and not refund. If the management fee is not paid within 24 hours after selection of the candidate, you may lose the candidate to another client.
18. *MANAGEMENT FEE The Employer agrees to inform the agency before entering into any agreement to sponsor the Nanny / Housekeeper in further education or other trade.
Click Here to Continue With Registration